Leila

     "Who are these boys, these self righteous boys? These wolves in love's clothing that take away everything magical about us and leave us with nothing?"
      I fall silent and close my notebook as the coffee house gurgles with polite applause. I pull a small smile and nod before heading straight to the counter for a latte.
     "That was way deep," the cat eyeglass wearing barista says to me as she pulls the espresso shots.
     "Thanks," I say, sliding her a 10 dollar bill. It's easier to let them think it's fiction- that I didn't really give up being Fey for a stupid boy. Hell, I wish it was fiction.
      I should've known that I couldn't trust Jamie. Not fully, not with something as precious as my heart. After all, he was already betrothed when he met me, and that didn't slow him down a bit.
     But he wasn't happy with her. He was happy with me. He said I was all the things he needed, all the things she was lacking. I was sunshine and bubbly laughter, simple and free. I wasn't sure if I could still say the same about myself now.
     We made the plans to give up our Fey nature and give things ago in the human world, where we could be together. I really thought that this, that I, was what he wanted.
     Then everything slipped out of my hands.

Comments

Popular Posts