Final Image for Creative Conscience Awards 2017


This is my final image for the Creative Conscience Awards 2017, made using a mixture of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.  

I wanted the colors to be calming, because although Rogers is talking about "scary things", the message of the quote is that there will always be people to help you through these scary things.  On my first run-through I had green text on a light blue background, but I liked the warmer color scheme better.

I drew the image of the holding hands in my sketchbook, scanned it, and then ran it through Adobe Illustrator and cleaned it up a bit.  Then I took the vector image and pasted it into a new Photoshop document, and added the background and text.

I'm really pleased with the final result; I like the simplicity because really the message behind the quote is the most powerful thing, and I feel that the clasping hands represents that very well.  I also wanted the hands to look very sketchbook-like, and not too "finished", because I think it adds to the simple aesthetic.

I hope you enjoy it!

-Nicole

Comments

Popular Posts