Playing Catch-Up

Wow okay so it's been a while!  I'll give you a short and sweet little summary of what I've been up to lately:

Collaborations:

I've been getting really cozy with The Crybaby Girl Gang lately, and I had my "Crybaby Self Portrait" featured on their blog about a week ago!  If you're not familiar with them or not, but I discovered them on Instagram and they're doing an awesome job of breaking that negative stigma that often comes along with mental illness.  Besides my self portrait, I wrote another article for them which should be posted Monday, September 12th- so look out for that!



Young and Twenty is another blog that I've shared a bit of my story with.  They share stories from so many different people about just being young and twenty!  It's crazy to see how different but essentially the same that age can be for everyone.  My story hasn't been published on the blog yet, but it's in the rotation, so feel free to keep your eyes peeled with me.

Artistically:

I've been a follower of Fran Meneses on Instagram for a while now, but I just recently discovered her YouTube channel, and I've been hooked!  She has so many helpful videos where she shares her own personal experiences and how-to's.  I watched her vlog on finding and defining your own personal "style", and that's something I've been working a lot on. Here's my latest illustration, after watching a bunch of Fran's videos and also some from Victoria Gedvillas:

Titled: "Can I Help You?"

Personally:

My fall semester courses start tomorrow!  I was talking to my academic adviser, and she reminded me that after this semester, I just have one more to go before I officially have my Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts!  One new thing this semester is that, in place of one class, I'm doing a 10 week internship with a book publishing company.  It looks like a lot of work, but reading and writing go hand in hand with art for me; they're all equal parts my passion.  So it should be fun and I'll probably learn a lot!  I've also been obsessed with the show Heroes, which I'd never watched before, and the comic Sky Doll, which I'm super bummed I can't find an English version of the 4th issue of!

So that's about it, thanks for reading this whole thing!  I'll make my updates more frequent in the future so they won't all be mini novels :P

xx Nicole

Comments

Popular Posts